International Student Support
The team at International Student Support includes friendly and knowledgeable staff and International Student Advisors who provide individual one-on-one support to international students.
Advisors also visit the Waite and Roseworthy campuses on a regular basis.
International Student Support aims to assist and enhance the academic progress and the quality of the university experience of all international students by providing a range of appropriate professional services, workshops and programs.
What We Do
International Student Support provides numerous support services. Staff can:
- provide accurate information on visa regulations for student visa holders
- provide information concerning life in Adelaide
- help manage financial problems
- provide one-on-one support to individual students in crisis
- assist with academic progress matters and the provision of necessary support and referral
- provide pre-arrival information
- act as a liaison for sponsors and other institutions with whom we have agreements
- facilitate interaction between international and local students
- ensure that the institution's obligations under the ESOS Act and other legal structures are fulfilled
- research key issues that relate to the experience of international students and their interactions with the University and outside community.
Other key areas that our staff provide support to students with are:
If you have any questions regarding university issues, visas, health cover, life in Adelaide, or require one-on-one support, please come and talk to us.
The International Student Support Email
During teaching weeks, International Student Support sends a weekly email to all international students. It is important that you read the email as it provides information about:
- workshops and seminars
- issues of importance concerning your home country when necessary
- any relevant changes to University policies and procedures
- changes to policies and procedures of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
- updates and reminders about Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), university events and visa compliance matters.
It also includes a link to the International Student online newsletter.
International Student Support hosts a morning tea every Friday morning from 10.30-11.30 am during teaching weeks. It is a great place to meet other students, and make new friends. It's also a safe environment to practise your English. We provide coffee, biscuits, tea and cakes... join in any time!