Frequently Asked Questions
- When should I arrive?
- How do I arrange to be met when I arrive in Australia?
- How much notice do I need to give?
- What if I am arriving with family members?
- Who will meet me when I arrive?
- What do I do if no one is there to meet me?
- Am I eligible for the Meet & Greet service?
- How much does the Meet and Greet service cost?
- How do I know my Arrival Form has been received?
- What if I change my arrival details after receiving my confirmation email?
- What is the cancellation policy if I no longer need temporary accommodation?
- How do I arrange temporary accommodation?
- Can I stay with an Australian 'Homestay' family?
- How do I arrange permanent accommodation?
You should arrive by the commencement date noted in your Offer Statement and Acceptance Agreement (also known as your offer letter or offer of admission letter). Arriving on time will allow you to take part in the comprehensive Orientation programs.
To arrange the Meet and Greet Service you need to submit the Online Arrival Form
You need to submit your Arrival Form at least seven (7) days before you arrival in Adelaide. We can not guarantee arrival assistance and temporary accommodation if you provide less than 7 days notice.
The Meet and Greet service is available to students and immediate dependents (spouse or partner and children) who are travelling with students. In the Arrival form you will need to provide details of your accompanying family members, including the ages of any children.
You will be met by a representative from the University. The representative will be holding a University of Adelaide sign and wearing one of the below uniforms.
- A bright orange Arrival Officer shirt.
- A suit and tie.
The representative will wait for you at
- at the bottom of the ground floor esculators if you arrive on a Domestic Flight
- near the Arrivals Gate if you arrive on an International Flight
The representative will provide you with a Welcome Pack (which contains an Arrival Pocket Guide, information about where to go and who to see in the University and other useful information and maps) and ensure you are transported to your accommodation.
In the unlikely event no one is there to meet you, please contact the International Student Centre.
- 8313 6161 during office hours
- 0414 391 570 at any time
- 8313 5990 at any time
ISC office hours are Monday 10:00am-5:00pm and Tuesday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm, excluding public holidays.
To be eligible for this service you need to be a new student who has accepted an unconditional offer (or satisfied the requirements of your conditional offer) into one of the following programs at The University of Adelaide:
- PreEnrolment English Program (PEP)
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Study Abroad or Exchange Program
The Meet and Greet service is available to the above mentioned international students and their immediate dependants. It is not available to
- continuing international students, including Bradford Degree Transfer students
- permanent residents
- Australian and New Zealand citizens
- students undertaking an internship
- visiting academics
- students wishing to move from temporary accommodation to permanent accommodation
- students requiring transport from their accommodation to their campus
- family members arriving independently of the student.
If you are a Bradford student please contact Bradford College for airport and accommodation services.
If you are not eligible for the service please click here for travel options from the airport.
The Meet and Greet service is FREE for eligible new international students and their immediate dependents travelling with them. Students have to cover the cost of temporary and permanent accommodation.
Once you have completed the Online Arrival Form an automatic receipt will be generated. Once your arrival transport details are finalised you will receive a confirmation email. You should receive the confirmation email within seven (7) days of submitting your online arrival form. During January, February, March and July there may be further delays.
If you do not receive a confirmation email within seven days please contact the International Student Centre by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (61 8 8303 4828).
If your arrival details change, please contact the International Student Centre immediately by email email@example.com or telephone (+61 8 8303 4828).
If you arrival details change within 48 hours of arrival please contact 0414 391 570 or 0414 391 568. If you are calling from outside of Australia call (+61) 414 391 570 or (+61) 414 391 568.
If you cancel the temporary accommodation that was arranged for you more than five days prior to your arrival there is no charge.
If you cancel your temporary accommodation within five days prior to your arrival, an administration fee of AUD$50.00 will be charged to your student account.
If you cancel your temporary accommodation on or after your arrival date the University will charge the full amount of your temporary accommodation fee to your student account.
You have two options:
- Request the University organise your accommodation for one week via on the online arrival form.
- Organise your owe accommodation.
In most instances the accommodation organised by the university will consist of a single room with shared bathroom, shared kitchen and shared laundrey facilities. The facilities are shared by females and males.
Students who are enrolled in the English Language Centre's General English for Academic Purposes (GEAP) or Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP) programs are eligible for homestay accommodation. More information is available here.
Permanent accommodation in Residential Colleges and Student Hostels can be pre-booked before you leave home. There are advantages and disadvantage to pre-booking your accommodation. Please visit Accommodation for more information.