International Student Barometer (ISB)
The ISB is the world's largest student survey that provides an opportunity for you to make comment about your experiences at the University and of living in Adelaide.
The survey is administered by an independent external research company i-graduate.
The survey provides the University with valuable information about international student satisfaction on a wide range of factors and provides global, local and customised benchmarking data.
Participation in the survey is strictly confidential.
Why take part in the ISB?
It is your opportunity to tell us what works well so that we can continue to deliver what is important to you but also provide information on the things we can improve.
The University has administered the survey on an annual basis since 2008 and we have received a great deal of valuable feedback that has enabled us to maintain, enhance and create new services. The data is used to inform planning and review processes at the University and demonstrates our ongoing commitment to receiving student feedback.
The University of Adelaide has achieved a high overall satisfaction rating in the areas of learning, living, support and arrival services from international students in previous years. The majority of students indicated they would recommend the University of Adelaide to others considering tertiary studies.
The survey identified the most important factors in choosing the University of Adelaide are the quality of teaching and research, the reputation of the University and the qualification, the reputation of the education system in Australia and personal safety.
Students identified a number of areas of strength with high satisfaction noted on managing research, expert lecturers, registration and orientation, eco friendly attitude, safety, accommodation quality, friendships with others from the same country of origin, living costs and student advisory and counselling services.
Feedback also revealed that students wanted increased access to health services, opportunities for work experience and career advice within the curriculum, opportunities to make friends from Australia and other countries, better social facilities and more social activities.
In response to this and earlier feedback the University has initiated a number of actions to enhance the student experience:
- Established the Language and Cultural Engagement Program
- Launched the Experience Adelaide program to facilitate student engagement in the community
- Piloted the Student Certificate of Leadership
- Created Hub Central where students can meet to interact and study
- Increased computing facilities at Hub Central
- Faculty initiatives to increase the number of internship opportunities
- Increased access to University Health Services by opening a new clinic in Gawler Place.
- Established student kitchen facilities and increased food outlets on the North terrace campus.
- Relocated of the Writing Centre and Maths Learning Centre to a central location which has resulted in a significant increase in patronage