Global Academic Excellence Scholarship (International)
The 2020 University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence Scholarship (International) is a highly competitive award that rewards commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students who have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies.
Value of the scholarship
Each Faculty will award two only scholarships of a 50% reduction of the tuition fee to the applicant in their faculty with the highest score above an ATAR of 98 or GPA of 6.8.
Scholarships in this program have the following conditions:
- Available for students commencing in 2020 only;
- Available for commencing direct-entry international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students, including those who are required to undertake a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP) prior to their degree commencement;
- Open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand);
- Available for study in any discipline.
The selection process for The 2020 University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence Scholarships is competitive, with academic achievement forming the main basis for scholarship selection. As a general guide, the University of Adelaide will consider applicants who have achieved an academic level on par with the following:
- For undergraduate programs: Raw ATAR of 98 OR its equivalent
- For postgraduate coursework programs: A GPA 6.8 out of 7 OR its equivalent
Note: Scholarship applicants who are eligible for more than one scholarship offered by the University of Adelaide will only be entitled to receive one scholarship (the highest value scholarship award that they are eligible for)
The following applicants are not eligible to receive these scholarships:
- Current University of Adelaide students who are transferring from one program to another prior to successful completion of their program of study (internal transfers);
- Students who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognised scholarship awarding body such as a government ministry or department;
- Applicants for Masters by Research or PhD programs.
- Applicants for certain programs; see the scholarship terms and conditions for a list of excluded degrees.
Terms and conditions of the scholarship
Please download a copy of the scholarship terms and conditions.
Note: The University of Adelaide reserves the right to award, amend or cancel the Scholarship at its discretion. The terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be subject to change without prior notice.
How to apply for the scholarship
- Applicants will be automatically offered this scholarship by 17 January 2020 (first half) or 26 June 2020 (second half);
- Scholarship selection is based on academic merit;
- Successful applicants will be notified within 1 to 2 weeks of the scholarship closing date; unsuccessful applicants will NOT be contacted.
Scholarships closing date
First half of 2020 (Semester 1, Trimester 1 & 2)
All applications to study with the University must be lodged by the 17 January 2020.
Second half of 2020 (Semester 2, Trimester 3)
All applications to study with the University must be lodged by the 26 June 2020.
A list of eligible students will be provided to faculties for selection of scholarships. Successful applicants will be advised in writing within seven days of faculty approval.