Higher Education Scholarships
The Higher Education Scholarships rewards undergraduate and postgraduate international students who have demonstrated their passion for learning and loyalty to Australian education by successfully completing their year 12 high school studies (undergraduate only) or AQF-recognised course or program at an Australian higher education institution, prior to commencing their degree at the University of Adelaide.
Value of the scholarship
The scholarship offers a 25% tuition fee reduction for the minimum standard full-time duration of the scholar's chosen undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
Scholarships in this program have the following conditions:
- Available for students commencing in 2020 only;
- Available for commencing direct-entry international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students, including those who are required to undertake a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP) prior to their degree commencement;
- Open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand);
- Open to international students undertaking Australian curriculums onshore in Australia who have achieved academic merit in their studies by achieving a minimum ATAR score of 80, or International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 29 including:
- ACT Year 12 Certificate
- New South Wales Higher School Certificate (HSC)
- South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE)
- Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE)
- Victoria Certificate of Education (VCE)
- Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Provides a waiver of 25% of the annual tuition fee for each year of the program for the full duration of the degree program.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Either be an alumni (graduate) of an AQF-recognised Australian Higher Education institution or have completed an onshore Australian Year 12 qualification with an ATAR of 80 or an onshore IB Diploma with a total of 29;
- Have a University of Adelaide offer of admission (full offer or conditional offer) as a full-fee-paying international student;
- Complete the acceptance process as outlined in your offer of admission;
Enrol in a full time study load for each study period of your degree.
Note: Scholarship applicants who are eligible for more than one scholarship offered by the University of Adelaide will only be entitled to receive one scholarship (the highest value scholarship award for which they are eligible).
The following applicants are not eligible to receive these scholarships:
- Current University of Adelaide students who are transferring from one program to another prior to successful completion of their program of study (internal transfers);
- Students who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognised scholarship awarding body such as a government ministry or department;
- Applicants for Masters by Research or PhD programs.
- Applicants for certain programs; see the scholarship terms and conditions for a list of excluded degrees.
Terms and Conditions of the scholarship
Please download a copy of the scholarship terms and conditions.
Note: The University of Adelaide reserves the right to award, amend or cancel the Scholarship at its discretion. The terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be subject to change without prior notice.
How to apply for the scholarship
It is not necessary to apply for the 2020 University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarship because this scholarship will be automatically awarded to students who meet the eligibility requirements. Scholarship recipients will be confirmed at the point of acceptance.
Scholarship closing dates
Scholarships are open throughout the year but applicants are encouraged to finalise their admissions process as early as possible to allow enough time for them to apply for a visa and prepare for their studies.