Global Adelaide is a dedicated platform for our international students, featuring University services and virtual experiences.
You can find social, wellbeing and academic support services, as well as access to financial and employment advice. A virtual taste of South Australian lifestyle and environs from the comfort of your living space also awaits you.
Prakriti Nanda is a student in the Master of Applied Project Management program. Prakiti tells us about her life in Adelaide and the new hobbies she's picked up during COVID-19 restrictions.
Check out her Q&A here. How do his views of the last semester compare to yours?
We are determined that no student should be disadvantaged in their studies due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. In partnership with the Adelaide University Union and student representatives, the University of Adelaide has designed a targeted Student Support Package to meet our students' needs. Find out more information about the Student Support Package.
International students can strengthen their language skills by talking with local native English-speaking community members.
Enjoy the Elder Conservatorium's long-standing lunchtime concert series, streamed live on the web.
Our staff will teach you five new skills, from learning a dance routine, speaking a few words of the Kaurna language, to perfecting your resume while in isolation.
Learn more about coronavirus in your own language with these helpful resources from SBS Australia.
International Student Support is the first port of call for international student-related matters such as CoEs and visa status. You can also find a range of other student support services here.
The South Australian Government has issued a fact sheet specifically for international students.
International Student Support runs a variety of social programs and clubs to help international students connect with their University community.
Students are linked together to share and understand cultural norms in this educational and engaging program.
Explore a wide range of fun online social activities catering for all interests, hosted by Adelaide University Union.
Other support services
Finances and employment
- Student Support Package: Learn more about the Student Support Package, including the financial support scheme offered by the Government of South Australia.
- Student Finance: Detailed information about tuition fees, OSHC, and other fees payable.
- Employability: Develop your employability skills with these University resources.
- Union Employment Service: Search for employment using the Adelaide University Union's online service.
- Career Services - International Programs: Our specialist international careers team provides a range of programs and information services to assist international students to plan for their future careers and compete for graduate jobs.
- Working while studying: If you decide to work while you are studying in Australia, it's important you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee. Find out more about visa work restrictions and your rights at work.
Academic and skills support
- Active Learning Skills for Remote Students: This MyUni course provides students with resources to assist them with learning online.
- Writing Centre: The Writing Centre can help you improve your academic writing style.
- Maths Learning Centre: The Maths Learning Centre assists students in improving their mathematics skills.
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions: Students assist students in these online free support sessions.
- Barr-Smith Library: The Barr-Smith Library is now offering online support for students.
- Studiosity: Studiosity is a free after-hours online study help tool available to all University of Adelaide students for free through your enrolment in MyUni.
Explore more online South Australian experiences
- SATV: The best of South Australia, streaming online from the SA Tourism Commission.
- Art Gallery of South Australia: Check out the online events on offer with our neighbour, the Art Gallery of SA!
- State Library of South Australia: Explore the digital collections of the State Library, with a special focus on South Australian history and culture.
- Adelaide Zoo & Monarto Safari Park: Watch live streams of animals at Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park.
- ASO Virtual Concert Hall: View online recitals from musicians of the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra.