Global Adelaide is a dedicated platform for our international students, featuring University services and local experiences.
You can find social, wellbeing and academic support services, as well as access to financial and employment advice. A taste of South Australian lifestyle and environs from the comfort of your living space also awaits you.
Australian borders are now open to fully vaccinated international arrivals. New initiatives are available to new and continuing international students as they return to our safe city and campus, including:
- Free airport pickup*
- Excess baggage reimbursement (up to $300 – details)*
- Emergency accommodation support
- Free booster shots
*UoA direct entry only.
Welcome Back Festival
Throughout early 2022, students can join in a range of fun activities and events to meet new people, make friends, and receive help to adjust to studying in Adelaide.
Visit the Welcome to Adelaide page for further information on the Welcome Back Festival and to stay up to date with upcoming events.
English Assist is exclusive to international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students in their first semester of study. The program has a range of activities, including self-paced lectures and modules, and weekly tutorials and small group workshops run by specialist language tutors.
The Great Adelaide Challenge is a series of mini activities designed to help you decompress from your journey, and settle into uni life. If you are still to return, there are challenges to get you excited about your trip back to campus. Each activity will earn you an entry into the prize draw where you will find lots of exciting things to win!
Whether you're here for the first time or have been away for a while, we're here to help you settle in: from getting from the airport to your accommodation, all the way to your first steps on campus where our friendly staff are waiting to greet you.
International students can strengthen their language skills by talking with local native English-speaking community members.
Enjoy the Elder Conservatorium's long-standing lunchtime concert series, streamed live on the web.
Our staff will teach you five new skills, from learning a dance routine, speaking a few words of the Kaurna language, to perfecting your resume while in isolation.
StudyAdelaide's Adelaide Connect offers activities to offshore university students in South Australia. Adelaide Connect is about fun, networking and building relationships on your journey to discover more about living and studying in Adelaide.
With over 950,000 registrations globally, AdelaideX courses are free, interactive and give learners access to expertise across all faculties and in a range of topics.
Learn more about coronavirus in your own language with these helpful resources from SBS Australia.
International Student Support is the first port of call for international student-related matters such as CoEs and visa status. You can also find a range of other student support services here.
The South Australian Government has issued a series of fact sheets specifically for international students.
International Student Support runs a variety of social programs and clubs to help international students connect with their University community.
Students are linked together to share and understand cultural norms in this educational and engaging program.
Explore a wide range of fun social activities catering for all interests, hosted by Adelaide University Union.
Other support services
Finances and employment
- Student Finance: Detailed information about tuition fees, OSHC, and other fees payable.
- Employability: Develop your employability skills with these University resources.
- Union Employment Service: Search for employment using the Adelaide University Union's online service.
- Career Services - International Programs: Our specialist international careers team provides a range of programs and information services to assist international students to plan for their future careers and compete for graduate jobs.
- Working while studying: If you decide to work while you are studying in Australia, it's important you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee. Find out more about visa work restrictions and your rights at work.
Academic and skills support
- Active Learning Skills for Remote Students: This MyUni course provides students with resources to assist them with learning online.
- Writing Centre: The Writing Centre can help you improve your academic writing style.
- Maths Learning Centre: The Maths Learning Centre assists students in improving their mathematics skills.
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions: Students assist students in these online free support sessions.
- Barr-Smith Library: The Barr-Smith Library is now offering online support for students.
- Studiosity: Studiosity is a free after-hours online study help tool available to all University of Adelaide students for free through your enrolment in MyUni.
Explore more online South Australian experiences
- SATV: The best of South Australia, streaming online from the SA Tourism Commission.
- Art Gallery of South Australia: Check out the online events on offer with our neighbour, the Art Gallery of SA!
- State Library of South Australia: Explore the digital collections of the State Library, with a special focus on South Australian history and culture.
- Adelaide Zoo & Monarto Safari Park: Watch live streams of animals at Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park.
- ASO Virtual Concert Hall: View online recitals from musicians of the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra.