LCE Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of the Language and Cultural Engagement (LCE) program
LCE is intended to be a culturally enlightening, entertaining and socially enriching experience for all involved. By participating in the program you are agreeing to the following guidelines and responsibilities.
General terms and conditions
- Participants should demonstrate respect at all times, particularly in relation to their cultural values, gender, and political or religious affiliations.
- Participants must agree to keep relationships free of discrimination and harassment including sexual harassment.
- All University policies apply to members of the program. University misconduct procedures will be applied for any inappropriate behaviour.
- Any participant who does not comply with the terms and responsibilities appearing on this page may be removed from the program.
Language engagement (language partnerships) terms
- You agree to meet regularly with your language partner(s) throughout the semester.
- You will respond in a timely fashion to emails or texts from your partner(s) and Language and Cultural Engagement University staff.
- All personal information obtained from your partner must remain confidential at all times and must not be forwarded to others without your partner(s) consent.
- International Student Support will provide your name, mobile number, and email address to your language partner(s)
- If you have to withdraw from the program for any reason, please advise your group and International Student Support as soon as possible.
- Participants may be matched into a group of up to four students.
- Language partners are not to write assignments on behalf of other students.
- If you feel uncomfortable about any aspect of your language partnership or encounter any problems in relation to the program, you are advised to immediately visit International Student Support (Level 6, Hughes building), or email email@example.com
Social engagement (social events) terms
- Demonstrate respect to other participants, cultural ambassadors, volunteers and staff at all times, particularly in relation to their cultural values, gender identity, and political or religious affiliations. Inappropriate, disruptive, or disrespectful behaviour and/or attitudes will not be tolerated and will result in instant termination of participation.
- Attend events you have registered for through Eventbrite. If you cannot make an event that you have already registered for through Eventbrite, it is your responsibility to contact International Student Support at the earliest opportunity so that your ticket can become available for another student. Failing to do this could result in having your name blocked from future events.
- Communicate any grievances with the LCE events team or LCE Coordinator. If you feel uncomfortable about any aspect of the LCE program or encounter any problems in relation to the program, please contact the LCE Coordinator of the LCE program at International Student Support for advice and assistance.
- Actively participate in the evening’s activities and embrace the purpose of the event – cultural engagement. The program is not to be used to advertise or recruit for any other associations or groups for religious or political causes.
- Recognise that LCE events are intended for currently enrolled University of Adelaide students only.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate family members (including children), or friends who are not currently enrolled at the University of Adelaide.
- Doors will be open at 6pm to those who have registered. Registering for a ticket ensures that you get entry until 6:15 pm. Afterwards, waitlisted and registered students are treated equally. The students will be let in in an orderly manner until the capacity is reached. Doors close at 6:30pm sharp and latecomers will be turned away to ensure the smooth running of the event.
- Keep LCE an alcohol and drug free zone by not carrying alcohol or drugs into the event or arriving at the event inebriated.
- Inform LCE staff of any known food allergies and/or food preferences in advance of events. We attempt to cater for all students, but this may not always be possible.
- Any participant who does not comply with the above guidelines and responsibilities may be asked to leave the LCE event and may be banned from future events.