LCE Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of the Language and Cultural Engagement (LCE) social events on campus.
LCE is intended to be a culturally enlightening, entertaining and socially enriching experience for all involved.
By participating in the program you are agreeing to the following guidelines and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate respect to other participants, cultural ambassadors, volunteers and staff at all times, particularly in relation to their cultural values, gender identity, and political or religious affiliations. Inappropriate, disruptive, or disrespectful behaviour and/or attitudes will not be tolerated and will result in instant termination of participation.
- Attend events you have registered for through Eventbrite. If you cannot make an event that you have already registered for through Eventbrite, it is your responsibility to contact International Student Support at the earliest opportunity so that your ticket can become available for another student. Failing to do this could result in having your name blocked from future events.
- Communicate any grievances with the LCE events team or LCE Coordinator. If you feel uncomfortable about any aspect of the LCE program or encounter any problems in relation to the program, please contact the LCE Coordinator of the LCE program at International Student Support for advice and assistance.
- Actively participate in the evening’s activities and embrace the purpose of the event – cultural engagement. The program is not to be used to advertise or recruit for any other associations or groups for religious or political causes.
- Recognise that LCE events are intended for University of Adelaide students only.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate family members (including children), or friends who are not currently enrolled at the University of Adelaide.
- Generally, all attendees to LCE events should be 18 years or older. If you are younger than 18 and would like to attend, please contact us to discuss this.
- Keep LCE an alcohol and drug free zone by not carrying alcohol or drugs into the event or arriving at the event inebriated.
- Inform LCE staff of any known food allergies and/or food preferences in advance of events. We attempt to cater for all students, but this may not always be possible.
Any participant who does not comply with the above guidelines and responsibilities may be asked to leave the LCE event and may be banned from future events.