Living in Adelaide
Adelaide is Australia's most liveable city and the 3rd most liveable city in the world.
Located in South Australia and home to over 30,000 international students from more than 100 countries, Adelaide has a growing reputation as an educational hub of choice. Ranked in the top 10 friendliest cities in the world, Adelaide is a safe and welcoming city thanks to its free metro public transport, walkability and easy-going population.
Why choose Adelaide?
- Located in the world's 3rd most liveable city
- Lower your cost of living by up to 14% (compared to other major Australian cities)
- Benefit from an additional year of post-study work rights
- Home to Lot 14, an innovation precinct at forefront of the Australian defence, space and cybersecurity industries
- Experience a vibrant city lifestyle close to beaches, mountains and the great Australian outback
With Adelaide classified as a regional city, international graduates from the University of Adelaide are eligible to apply for an extra year of post-study work rights. This also includes priority processing on regional visas as well as access to a larger selection of occupations through the regional occupations list.
- Adelaide has a population of 1.3 million
- Over 5000km of pristine coastline in South Australia
- Warm and sunny Mediterranean climate
- 18 world-class wine regions
- Gateway to the great Australian outback
- Major international airport
- Our Central Market is the largest undercover food market in the Southern Hemisphere
- Home to the second-largest arts festival in the world, the Adelaide Fringe Festival
Source: EIU 2021, Conde Nast 2018