The International Admissions team at the University of Adelaide are dedicated to providing the best service to our students and agency partners.
Follow the links below to find our admission and English language requirements, as well as how to apply and what our key application deadlines are.
Coursework application deadlines
Application deadlines for our programs vary depending on the degree and study period the student wishes to apply for.
We recommend submitting the application no later than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the program. For applications that are received in less than 6 weeks before commencement, these will be assessed on a case by case basis and your student may be offered in the next available intake if not successful.
You can find application deadlines for our programs below.
Higher degree by research application deadlines
Prospective HDR students can apply at any time throughout the year but will need to apply during strict offer rounds if they are to be considered for a scholarship.
English language requirements
English is the language of instruction at the University of Adelaide. Therefore, students will need to be proficient in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English. The University's preferred accredited English language tests are:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) - Academic Test
- TOEFL - internet-based and paper-based
- Pearson Test of English - Academic
- CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced)
Program specific English language requirements can be found under the Entry Requirements section on Degree Finder.
International coursework applications
International higher degree by research applications
A higher degree by research (HDR) is a research-intensive program typically at an AQF level 10. Direct applicants and agents must lodge applications for higher degrees by research through the Adelaide Graduate Research School.
Programs with additional entry requirements
The following degrees have non-standard or additional entry requirements which are important to consider when assisting students with their application.
- Bachelor of Medical Studies + Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Master of Music (Performance Studies)
- Master of Music (Performance and Pedagogy)
- Master of Teaching (Middle & Secondary)
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Master of Nursing Science
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Master of Psychology (Health)
- Master of Psychology (Organisational and Human Factors)
Update your agency contact details
It's important your agency details are up-to-date on our website. Check your entry on our find an agent page to ensure everything is correct!