How to Apply

Here is an easy step-by-step guide to get your career started with a degree from the University of Adelaide.

  • Step 1 - select your program

    With over 400 undergraduate and postgraduate degrees on offer, as well as Study Abroad, Exchange, English Language, Offshore, and Pathway Programs – there are plenty of study options designed to give your career and life that extra impact!

    For information about available programs please see the "what can I study?" page.

  • Step 2 - check the program entry requirements

  • Step 3 - check the application closing dates

    Some programs have early closing dates. Applications received after the closing date will be considered for the subsequent year or intake.

  • Step 4 - apply

    Depending on your region or country of citizenship, you may be required to apply through a registered University of Adelaide education agent.

    Citizens requiring an agent

    • The Middle East
    • North Africa
    • Sub-Saharan Africa
    • South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka)
    • Philippines
    • Vietnam
    • Latin America

    Finding an agent

    Find a representative in your area: Agents and representatives of the University of Adelaide can assist with the preparation and submission of your application to study as well as your student visa application.

    Nominate or Change Agent: To nominate or change agents, you will need to complete and sign the Nominate or Change Agent - Request Form and forward the completed form to The new agent can also submit the form on the student’s behalf; however, it must be signed by the student.

    Apply without using an agent

    Begin your application

  • Step 5 - provide certified documents

    If you are not applying through an agent, you will have to mail certified copies of your documents to the University. Read more information on certified documents.

  • Step 6 - what's next?

    • You must quote the reference number when enquiring about your application.
    • We will contact you should we require any additional information or documents.
    • Should you apply through an agent, your nominated agent will liaise with the university on your behalf.

    Notification of application outcome

    • Successful Application - You (or your agent) will be sent a Letter of Offer via email. Refer to the instructions for accepting your offer.
    • Unsuccessful Application - You (or your agent) will be notified via email.

Online Open Day | Friday 19 August

Discover your future career possibilities. Register now to attend our Open Day, online.

Register now

Making an enquiry

Use the online enquiry form to enquire about the status of your application.

Current University of Adelaide students

Are you currently studying at the University of Adelaide as an international student?

Do you wish to change your program or apply for another program?  Please visit the internal transfer (change of program) webpage.