It is a condition of your student visa that you maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your visa.
You will be required by the Department of Home Affairs to pay OSHC before your student visa can be issued. You can use our provider of OHSC, or choose your own.
Understanding the Australian healthcare system
- International Student Health and Wellbeing fact sheet provides a great introduction to the Australian healthcare system and your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy
- The Australian Government's Health Direct website contains a good, easy-to-understand overview of healthcare in Australia.
- Medibank also provides an introduction to how your OSHC policy works.
Overseas student health cover ranges from $609 - $3,438*.
Dental services are not covered by standard OSHC policies. If you are not sure whether your policy covers dental work, please speak directly with your OSHC provider.
Other OSHC providers:
- Allianz Care Australia
- Australian Health Management (AHM)
- BUPA Australia
- CBHS International Health
* The Department of Home Affairs requires all students to have health insurance for the duration of their visa. Visa length varies and is slightly longer than the length of a student's program.