Health Insurance for International Students
It is a condition of your student visa that you must maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your visa.
You will be required to pay OSHC before your student visa can be issued. OSHC is offered by several healthcare providers.
Understanding the Australian healthcare system
We have gathered some resources for you to learn more about healthcare in Australia.
- SA Health: The official government website for South Australian healthcare services. The International Student Health and Wellbeing fact sheet from SA Health can help explain the Australian healthcare system and your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy
- Health Direct: A simplified overview of Australian Healthcare from the government.
- Medibank: The University's preferred OSHC provider. They also have an introduction to how an OSHC policy works.
Overseas student health coverage ranges from $609 - $3,438.
OSHC does not always include dental services. Speak directly with your OSHC provider to find out if dental coverage is available.
- Allianz Care Australia
- Australian Health Management (AHM)
- BUPA Australia
- CBHS International Health
All international students are required by The Department of Home Affairs to have health insurance for the duration of their visa.