International Student News
International Student News aims to keep international students informed of events and opportunities at the University and around Adelaide.
The email newsletter is sent every Thursday during semester teaching weeks to all currently enrolled international students of the University. To submit an event or opportunity to International Student News, please read the guidelines and complete the submission form below.
- Submission deadline
- Word count and imagery
- Previous editions
We're happy to share news about most events, opportunities, and news for international students. Some examples of content we can publish includes:
- Events run by student clubs
- Sports clubs events or opportunities
- Academic skills workshops
- Career building workshops
- University services updates or opportunities
- Public lectures or presentations
- University of Adelaide competitions or surveys
- Volunteering opportunities
- Announcements from embassies and consulates for specific student cohorts
Content that we may not be able to publish includes:
- Due to sensitivity to other students’ beliefs, we may not be able to publish submissions related to religious or political events and activities
- We are unable to include events not suitable for under-18 students (e.g. pub crawls)
- We are unable to advertise private businesses, products, real estate, etc.
- Due to the high volume of such requests, we are only able to share surveys that are from the University of Adelaide or from current University of Adelaide PhD students (subject to appropriate ethics approval).
Please note that publication of all material is at the sole discretion of International Student Support staff. If we are unable to publish your content, we will suggest other areas that may be more appropriate for publication.
All submissions to International Student News should be 50 words or fewer. Please note that your submission may be further edited for clarity or length, and that we may not return your edited submission for approval before publishing.
Please make sure you own or have permission to share any images that you include. Please also note that your image may be resized and cropped to fit the newsletter format. Image size for the newsletter is 248x164px.
Please ensure you seek the relevant approvals for your submission - i.e. that, if necessary, you have received permission to publish your event or opportunity. International Student Support is not responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted and may choose to exclude any submissions that are deemed inappropriate.
- Week 1 - March 3 2022
- Week 2 - March 10 2022
- Week 3 - March 17 2022
- Week 4 - March 24 2022
- Week 5 - March 31 2022
- Week 6 - April 7 2022
- Week 7 - April 28 2022
- Week 8 - May 5 2022
- Week 9 - May 12 2022
- Week 10 - May 19 2022
- Week 11 - May 26 2022
- Week 12 - June 2 2022
- Week 1 - March 4 2021
- Week 2 - March 11 2021
- Week 3 - March 18 2021
- Week 4 - March 25 2021
- Week 5 - April 1 2021
- Week 6 - April 8 2021
- Week 7 - April 29 2021
- Week 8 - May 6 2021
- Week 9 - May 13 2021
- Week 10 - May 20 2021
- Week 11 - May 27 2021
- Week 12 - June 3 2021