We provide a number of different support services for international students, many available through International Student Support.
International Student Support provides the following services to all current international students of the University:
- Guidance throughout your chosen program of study
- Specialised advisory services for international students
- Referrals to relevant contacts inside and outside the University
- Advice and support relating to enrolment and Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) matters
- Social programs and promotion of activities for international students
International Student Support
Daily Advisor appointment times:
Monday - Friday, between 10.00am - 12.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Contacting International Student Support
The full range of International Student Support services are now available both online and in person. Wherever you are in the world, you can get in touch with us by making an online enquiry. International Student Advisors are available via Zoom video chat or phone call, as well as in person.
The University has several support services to help improve your English skills.
- English writing support: Writing Centre
- English classes, including occasional free classes: English Language Centre
- Conversation practise: Social programs.
- Community English support: Your local community
Other support services
Information for staff
International Student Support welcomes referrals from staff members at the University.
Please feel free to refer students to ISS if they have:
- A complex situation in and out of the classroom relating to academic, financial and personal or other stressful crisis.
- Intentions to make changes to their studies (leave of absence, discontinuation/transfer to another provider) and needs assistance to navigate the difficult life circumstance they are faced with and needs assistance when transitioning back to campus.
- A significant mental or physical health issue and needs guidance on how and where to get help.
- Feelings of isolation and needs help finding and navigating resources at the university and in the community.
- The student has been the victim of a scam, assault or crime and needs assistance navigating legal and other resources.
- Scholarship management issues; i.e. if a student on a scholarship is in circumstances with implications for their scholarship (timely completion, reputational issues).
International Student News
Each teaching week during the semester, International Student Support sends a newsletter to all currently enrolled international students of the University. If you would like to send updates, news or information about upcoming events with international students, please complete the below submission form.