Familiarise Yourself with Adelaide and the University
If you missed our Life in Adelaide section - now is the time to take a look! Here you will find out details on the city of Adelaide, the lifestyle, study environment, weather, transport, things to do, events and more!
About the University
You may find that studying at a new university is different to your experience from home, your previous university or school.
It is a good idea to familiarise yourself with the University system before you arrive in Adelaide, so you can hit the ground running.
- Get to know our student related policies.
- Complete the online Orientation course, International Student Essentials. This course will be added to your MyUni account prior to the commencement of your studies.
- Find out more about your faculty - where it is, when program advisors are available, what their contact details are. Your faculty will be your key contact for any questions related specifically to your program.
- Terminology used at the University can be different to that used in your home country.
- Download a University map to help you find your way around your campus.
- What are the different types of classes you may have? Find out by checking the University's Knowledge Base.
Any other questions?
After looking over the above sections, you should now be more familiar with Adelaide and the University. If you have any other questions, you can: