Travelling to Australia
The Australian borders are officially open and we can't wait to welcome you back to campus.
Our international students are a vital part of our university community and our campus hasn't been the same without you! We can't wait for you to discover the incredible lifestyle waiting for you here in Adelaide, Australia's most liveable city.
Planning your trip
To help understand what steps you need to take to get back on campus, select the statement below which best describes you.
Still looking at flights? There are a number of flight deals exclusively available for international students offering discounted fees, additional baggage allowances and more.
Qantas flight offer
Fly one way to Adelaide with Qantas from Singapore or Bangkok from 01 Feb onwards to receive:
- 10% discount off all economy one-way base fares
- 10kg additional baggage
- 1 free date change
Fly one way to Adelaide with Qantas from Delhi from 01 Feb onwards to receive:
- 10kg additional baggage
- 1 free date change
Qatar flight offer
Introducing Student Club, an exclusive programme, powered by Qatar Airways Privilege Club offering students unparalleled flight benefits throughout their educational journey. As a member of Student Club, you will benefit from:
- Special fares on flights
- Extra baggage allowance
- Date change flexibility
- Privilege Club tier upgrade as a graduation gift
- Complimentary Super Wi-Fi and more
Navigating travel requirements can be confusing at times, so we have compiled a list of the most up to date government FAQs and resources below to assist you in your journey.
Arriving soon? We’ve got you covered
Whether it’s your first time in Adelaide or you’re coming back after some time away, we’ve got you covered with a range of initiatives to help you get the best start to your studies on campus.
Free airport pick up
Feel supported from the moment you land with a free airport pick up service to your preferred accommodation destination.
- Available for all new and returning international students.
- Bookings can be made via the Accommodation Portal once you have confirmed your flight details and accommodation.
- Bookings must be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Fees are charged for additional passengers (non-students) and excess baggage
- Please note University of Adelaide College students are required to contact The University of Adelaide College directly for an airport pickup
For further information, please visit our Arriving in Adelaide webpage or book your free pick up below
Excess baggage reimbursement
Travelling internationally sometimes means we bring a little extra baggage. Lucky for you, you can now claim up to $300 worth of excess baggage fees incurred between departing your home country and arriving in Adelaide.
Terms & conditions
- All students who are commencing or continuing a direct entry University of Adelaide program (no pathway) are eligible.
- Offer is only available for the first Semester of 2022
- A maximum payment of $300 will be made to students who incur excess baggage charges between departing their home country and arriving in Adelaide.
- Any excess baggage costs over the $300 maximum will be at the student’s own expense.
- The reimbursement will be paid into the students nominated Australian bank account.
- Students must submit their application for reimbursement within 2 months of arriving in Adelaide.
- Students will need to provide a copy of their boarding pass(es), a receipt for excess baggage costs and a copy of their passport, including the page of their dated entry stamp into Australia.
- We strongly encourage students to pay for any excess baggage costs in advance at the time of booking their airline ticket, rather than incurring these charges at the airport.
Emergency accommodation support
Having trouble finding a rental? Or maybe your private accommodation fell through last minute? Don’t worry, our Accommodation Service is here to help you by offering both long term and emergency temporary accommodation support.
Students, parents and agents can contact the Accommodation Service on +61 8 8313 5220, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Free booster shots
Stay protected with a free COVID-19 booster shot. South Australian residents (including international students) are eligible to receive their booster just 3 months after their second dose.There are several SA Health clinics close to campus where you can easily book your booster shot including:
- Adelaide Myer Centre Vaccination Clinic (750m from campus)
- Wayville COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic - Adelaide Showground (3.9 km from campus)
- Mile End COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic (4km from campus)
Safe city and campus
As Australia’s most liveable city, Adelaide is well regarded as being a safe and welcoming place for international students. With over 90% of adults (12+ years) double vaccinated, you can feel safe in the knowledge that our state is looking out for your health.
On campus, we have implemented a number of initiatives to help keep our community safe including:
- Social distancing
- Mask mandates
- Free hand sanitiser stations
- QR check-in codes
- 24/7 security
To celebrate the return of our international students, we have created the Welcome Back Festival. Join in a range of free activities and events designed to help you meet new people, develop your academic and professional skills, and adjust to studying in Adelaide.