Welcome to Adelaide! We're here to help you prepare before you officially start your studies.
O'Week is an unforgettable introduction to your time at the University of Adelaide.
In the week before each semester, the University hosts Orientation Week (O'Week) to help new students adapt to their studies. During O'Week, you will:
- Be officially welcomed to the University
- Hear important information about your rights and responsibilities as an international student
- Learn about the free academic and personal support services available to you
- Have the opportunity to make friends and explore Adelaide through social events and excursions
O'Week is an essential first step in your journey as an international student, and it is important that you attend. For general information about Orientation, you can check the University's Orientation website.
Semester 2 2023 O'Week starts Monday 17 July and ends Friday 21 July.
If you're new to the University, you will need to activate your student account before you enrol - visit the Getting Started page for new students.
Problems with enrolment?
After enrolling in your courses, you will have the International Student Essentials course added to your MyUni dashboard. In this course, you will learn everything you need to know to set yourself up for success during your studies. It is compulsory for all new international students to complete this course before commencing their studies at the University.
The International Student Essentials course includes information about:
- The basics of studying at university in Australia, including a glossary of Australian English words, and where to ask questions
- Your student visa, Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), and enrolment
- Satisfactory academic progress
- Student systems
- Living in Adelaide
- Keeping safe and healthy throughout your studies.
You can also self-enrol in this course by clicking the below button.