Internal Transfer (Change of Program)
If you are a current international student who wishes to change to a different undergraduate or postgraduate degree program, or wants to apply for entry to a postgraduate degree directly after completing your undergraduate degree, then you will need to submit an internal transfer application.
Applications for internal transfer to Semester 1, 2020 and Trimester 1, 2020 are now closed. Internal transfer is not available for Trimester 2 intakes.
International students must only lodge one application for transfer programs. If you lodge more than one application, previous applications will be withdrawn and only the latest application lodged will be processed.
- When you submit your application successfully, you will see a web page with the details of what you have submitted. You will not receive an email acknowledgement of your application.
- Not all programs are available via internal transfer. If you cannot see your desired program in the drop-down list, you will need to apply for the program via SATAC.
- If you have not yet received the outcome of your application, please refrain from lodging a new application, as this will delay the progress of any previous application and will result in your previous application being withdrawn. Instead, please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to inquire about your application status.
- If you have lodged an internal transfer application and have now changed your mind, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and advise that you wish to withdraw your application.
Please visit the Knowledge Base for more information about internal transfers and change of program.
Eligible for internal transfer
You will be able to use this form if you:
- Are an international student; and
- Are currently enrolled and must have commenced your academic program at the University of Adelaide; and
- Will be finishing Semester 1, 2020 (if transferring to a Semester 2, 2020 intake), or finishing Trimester 2, 2020 (if transferring to a Trimester 3, 2020 intake); and
- Are applying to transfer programs in Semester 2, 2020 or Trimester 3, 2020; and
- Will commence the new program in Semester 2, 2020 or Trimester 3, 2020.
Note: All of the above conditions must be met, to be eligible to apply as an internal transfer student.
Students who wish to take a gap in studies must not apply for internal transfer at this stage. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
And you would like to:
1) Change into a different program
- undergraduate program to another undergraduate program,
- postgraduate program to another postgraduate program
2) Commence a new program
If you are completing your undergraduate degree at the end of Semester 1, 2020, or Trimester 2, 2020, and wish to commence into a postgraduate program in Semester 2, 2020 or Trimester 3, 2020 only. Applications for future intakes must be lodged through SATAC.
Not eligible for internal transfer
Students who have not commenced academic studies as of Semester 1, 2020; Trimester 1, 2020 or Trimester 2, 2020.
To apply for a change of programs, please lodge your application via SATAC or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
Undergraduate students who wish to apply for their postgraduate programs:
- You must be in your last semester/trimester of studies in your current program in Semester 1, 2020 or Trimester 1 or 2, 2020, to be eligible to apply for internal transfer into Semester 2, 2020 or Trimester 3, 2020.
- If you are not yet completing your current undergraduate program within this intake, please do not apply for internal transfer now.
Students who are currently unenrolled, or have taken a leave of absence, or have a gap in studies must not apply for internal transfer. If you wish to change your programs during your leave from studies, please lodge an application via SATAC.
To apply for a change of programs, please contact us at email@example.com for advice.
Quota based programs
To apply for transfer into any of the following degrees, a Knowledge Base for more information about internal transfers and additional entry requirements for these degrees. will be required. Please visit the
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diplomas and Masters of Nursing Science (generic and specialisations)
- Master of Clinical Nursing
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Master of Psychology (Health)
- Master of Psychology (Organisational and Human Factors)
- Master of Teaching (Middle and Secondary)
PEP change of program
If you are currently enrolled in (or completing) a PEP, please use the PEP Change of Program form. For further information please contact the English Language Centre. Students who wish to change their Award Program must contact the English Language Centre (ELC) or email firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadline provided by the ELC.
Postgraduate research degrees
For postgraduate research degree applications, please contact the Adelaide Graduate Centre. This includes:
- Commencing a postgraduate research degree on completion of another University of Adelaide program – see Adelaide Graduate Centre – Future Students for more information
- Candidature transfer between Research Masters and PhD
Adelaide Refugee & Humanitarian Scholarship recipients
Recipients of this scholarship may apply for internal transfer, but please note that you will also need to seek approval for transfer of your scholarship into a new program. You may lodge an internal transfer application online, but must also contact Georgia Kenneally (email@example.com) and provide your supporting documents to transfer your scholarship to the new program.
Australia Awards Scholarship recipients
Recipients of this scholarship must contact Niranjala Seimon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student currently enrolled in pathway programs must contact their provider directly to request a change of program, either for their pathway studies or their bachelor degree award program.
- University of Adelaide College: Foundation Studies ; Degree Transfer Program .
- Eynesbury College
If you are currently enrolled in a Pre-Master’s program with the University of Adelaide College and wish to change your program, please contact email@example.com in the first instance.
If the Pre-Master’s program you are enrolled in does not articulate into the program you wish to transfer into, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelor of Commerce change of major
For Bachelor of Commerce students who want to change stream/major – Contact the Professions Support Hub.
After you have lodged your application
If you have lodged an internal transfer application for Semester 2, 2020 or Trimester 3, 2020, and have now changed your mind, please email International Admissions at email@example.com, and advise that you wish to withdraw your application.
1) For students applying from an undergraduate program to another undergraduate program, or from a postgraduate program to another postgraduate program:
If you have been awarded an international scholarship for your current program, it will continue to be applied to your new program so long as you are not transferring into an excluded degree. Please see the international scholarship website for more information.
2) For students completing their undergraduate studies and applying for their postgraduate studies:
You may be eligible for the 2020 University of Adelaide Alumni Scholarship (International). This scholarship will be automatically awarded to eligible students.
Applications currently closed.