Internal Transfer (Change of Program)
If you are a current international student who wishes to change to a different undergraduate or postgraduate degree program, or wants to apply for entry to a postgraduate degree directly after completing your undergraduate degree, then you will need to submit an internal transfer application.
- Please check if you are eligible for internal transfer.
Before you lodge an application for internal transfer
- Please note that applying for leave of studies or dropping your enrolments may affect your eligiblity to apply for a change of program as an “internal transfer student”.
- If you decide to go on leave, you must return to your current program when you recommence your studies. Please visit the International Student Support for more information.
- If you are planning to take a leave of absence but wish to change your program, before you finalize your leave of absence or drop your enrolments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the International Student Support for advice.
- If you are a current student who have been affected by the COVID19 travel restrictions and were unable to re-enrol in Semester 1, 2020 and/or Semester 2, 2020, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your eligibility to apply for internal transfer.
- A change in program may result in changes to the duration of studies. Please speak to a Student Advisor prior to applying for an internal transfer.
Applications open – International students
Internal Transfer Request (ITR) applications to Semester 1, 2021 and Trimester 1, 2021 are now open for international students.
NOTE: This includes internal transfer/change of program applications lodged both via the ITR online application portal, and via SATAC.
Internal transfer is not available for Trimester 2 intakes.
Applications close – International students
The closing date for Trimester 1, 2021 internal transfer applications is 5pm, Monday 18 January 2021.
The closing date for Semester 1, 2021 internal transfer applications is 5pm, Monday 15 February 2021.
NOTE: This includes internal transfer/change of program applications lodged both via the ITR online application portal, and via SATAC. Applications via SATAC will continue to be open for new students only. Please do not lodge internal transfer applications via SATAC once the ITR application period has closed.
The application closing dates for international students may differ with domestic students.
Late applications will not be accepted.
International students may not study concurrent programs, and must only lodge one preference for transfer programs. Please do not lodge applications for multiple preferences.
If you lodge more than one application for several programs, all previous applications will be withdrawn and only the latest application lodged will be processed.
Important application information
Lodging an application for internal transfer does not mean you have been transferred into a new program. While your application is being assessed, please remain enrolled in your current program.
Unless you have received a new program offer, remaining enrolled in your current program (until you are transferred into the new program) will ensure you are compliant with your student visa requirements.
- When you submit your application successfully, you will see a web page with the details of what you have submitted. You will not receive an email acknowledgement of your application.
- Offers for Semester 1/Trimester 1, 2021 will be made on a rolling basis from November onwards, if Semester 2/Trimester 3, 2020 results are not required to finalise assessment on your application. If results from these enrolments are needed to finalise assessment, offers will be made once those results are released.
- Not all programs are available via internal transfer. Quota based programs, and programs with non-standard entry requirements require an application via SATAC. If you cannot see your desired program in the dropdown list, you will need to apply for the program via SATAC.
- Internal transfer offers for Semester 2, 2020 and Trimester 3, 2020 are not deferrable. Each student’s circumstances may vary, so if you do not wish to accept your offer, or have accepted but are unable to commence in the specified intake, and instead would like to transfer in Semester 1, 2021 or Trimester 1, 2021, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. You may need to reapply for Semester 1, 2021 or Trimester 1, 2021 when the application period reopens. Your application for Semester 1/Trimester 1, 2021 will be assessed based on the program you were last enrolled in.
- Please be aware that if you have received an Alumni Scholarship to commence your studies in 2020, you may be subject to eligibility requirements if commencing your studies in 2021. Please visit the International Students Alumni Scholarships 2021 for more information.
Please visit the Knowledge Base for more information about internal transfers and change of program.
Eligible for internal transfer
You will be able to use this form if you:
- Are an international student; and
- Are currently enrolled and must have commenced your academic program at the University of Adelaide; and
- Will be finishing Semester 2, 2020 (if transferring to a Semester 1, 2021 intake), or finishing Trimester 3, 2020 (if transferring to a Trimester 1, 2021 intake); and
- Are applying to transfer programs in Semester 1, 2021 or Trimester 1, 2021; and
- Will commence the new program in Semester 1, 2021 or Trimester 1, 2021.
Note: All of the above conditions must be met, to be eligible to apply as an internal transfer student.
And you would like to:
1) Change into a different program
- undergraduate program to another undergraduate program,
- postgraduate program to another postgraduate program
2) Commence a new program
If you are completing your undergraduate degree at the end of Semester 2, 2020, or Trimester 3, 2020, and wish to commence into a postgraduate program in Semester 1, 2021 or Trimester 1, 2021 only.
Applications for future intakes must be lodged through SATAC.
Students who are enrolled but wish to take a gap in studies are advised not apply for internal transfer at this stage.
Please note that applying for leave of studies or dropping your enrolments may affect your eligiblity to apply for a change of program as an “internal transfer student”.
If you are planning to take a leave of absence but wish to change your program, before you finalize your leave of absence or drop your enrolments, please contact us at email@example.com or visit the International Student Support for advice.
Not eligible for internal transfer
New students who have not yet commenced any academic studies as of Semester 1, 2020, Semester 2, 2020, Trimester 1, 2020, Trimester 2, 2020, or Trimester 3, 2020 (including students who had to defer due to COVID19 travel restrictions)
If you wish to change your preference, your overseas qualifications will need to be reassessed for entry into your new choice of program.
To apply for a change of programs, please lodge your application via SATAC or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
Undergraduate students who wish to apply for their postgraduate programs
- You must be completing your last semester/trimester of studies in your current program in Semester 2, 2020, or Trimester 3, 2020, to be eligible to apply for internal transfer into a postgraduate program for Semester 1, 2021 or Trimester 1, 2021.
- If you are not yet completing your current undergraduate program within this intake, please do not apply for internal transfer now.
Students who are currently unenrolled, or have taken a leave of absence, or have a gap instudies must not apply for internal transfer.
- You must return to your current program when you recommence your studies.
- Alternately, if you wish to change your programs while you are on leave from studies, please lodge an application via SATAC.
- If your leave from studies is due to the COVID19-related travel ban and you had previously notified us, please contact us at email@example.com
To apply for a change of programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
Quota based programs
To apply for transfer into any of the following degrees, a new application will be required. Please visit the Knowledge Base for more information about internal transfers and additional entry requirements for these degrees.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diplomas and Masters of Nursing Science (generic and specialisations)
- Master of Clinical Nursing
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Master of Psychology (Health)
- Master of Psychology (Organisational and Human Factors)
- Master of Teaching (Middle and Secondary)
PEP change of program
If you are currently enrolled in (or completing) a PEP, please use the PEP Change of Program form. For further information please contact the English Language Centre. Students who wish to change their Award Program must contact the English Language Centre (ELC) or email email@example.com within the deadline provided by the ELC.
Postgraduate research degrees
For postgraduate research degree applications, please contact the Adelaide Graduate Centre. This includes:
- Commencing a postgraduate research degree on completion of another University of Adelaide program – see Adelaide Graduate Centre – Future Students for more information.
- Candidature transfer between Research Masters and PhD.
Australia Awards Scholarship recipients
Pathway students – Undergraduates
Student currently enrolled in pathway programs must contact their provider directly to request a change of program, either for their pathway studies or their bachelor degree award program.
Pathway students – Postgraduates/Pre-Master’s program
If you are currently enrolled in a Pre-Master’s program with the University of Adelaide College and wish to change your program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
If the Pre-Master’s program you are enrolled in does not articulate into the program you wish to transfer into, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Bachelor of Commerce change of major
For Bachelor of Commerce students who want to change stream/major – Contact the Professions Support Hub.
Adelaide Refugee & Humanitarian Scholarship recipients
Recipients of this scholarship may apply for internal transfer, but please contact Terri Finn, Senior Education and Welfare Officer at Student Care in the first instance. You may contact her at 8313 5430, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Supporting documents and approval to transfer your scholarship into the new program is required.
Who can assist me with my applications?
- You may use a University representative (agent) to assist with your ITR application.
- Using a University representative (agent) is optional. If you choose to apply without an agent, this will not affect the progress or outcome of your application. All applications are equally processed, and are assessed against the program requirements, and on your academic qualifications.
- If you change your minds after you have lodged your application, and now wish to add/change/remove an agent, you will need to lodge a new application. In your new application, you may update this to add, change, or remove your agent selection.
- New applications with agent updates (add or change agents) must be lodged within the application period only. Late changes, and Agent Nomination Forms, will not be accepted.
- If you wish to remove an agent after the application period closes, you may still do so. Please contact us at email@example.com to update us and advise us of the reasons for your change of mind, so that we can review your request.
- If you choose to apply without an agent, and need assistance with your internal transfer application, we are more than happy to help you at any stage. We can help you from the start of your application, through to resolving your queries, and assist you with your offer acceptances. You may contact the Faculty for advice regarding your program selection, and you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries.
After you have lodged your application
If you have lodged an internal transfer application for Semester 1, 2021 or Trimester 1, 2021, and have now changed your mind and no longer wish to change programs, please email International Admissions at email@example.com, and advise that you wish to withdraw your application.
1) For students applying from an undergraduate program to another undergraduate program, or from a postgraduate program to another postgraduate program:
If you have been awarded an international scholarship* for your current program, it will continue to be applied to your new program so long as you are not transferring into an excluded degree. Please see the international scholarship website for more information.
2) For students completing their undergraduate studies and applying for their postgraduate studies:
You may be eligible for the 2021 University of Adelaide Alumni Scholarship (International). This scholarship will be automatically awarded to eligible students.
3) Please be aware that if you have received a 2020 Alumni Scholarship to commence your studies in 2020, and you were unable to commence your studies for any reason, you may be subject to eligibility requirements if commencing your studies in 2021. Please visit the International Students Alumni Scholarships 2021 for more information.
*Some exceptions may apply. Please check the Terms and Conditions of the scholarship you hold.
*If you hold an Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarship (AIUS), and your internal transfer request is successful, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to accepting your offer, to confirm if this scholarship will continue to be applied to your new program.