Internal Transfer (Change of Program)
If you are a current international student who wishes to change to a different undergraduate or postgraduate degree program, or wants to apply for entry to a postgraduate degree directly after completing your undergraduate degree, then you will need to submit an internal transfer application.
Applications for internal transfer for Semester 2, 2019 and Trimester 3, 2019 are now open. Internal transfer is not available for Trimester 2, 2019.
The closing date for Semester 2, 2019 and Trimester 3, 2019 applications will be 5pm Friday, 26th July 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
International students must only lodge one application for transfer programs. If you lodge more than one application, previous applications will be withdrawn and only the latest application lodged will be processed.
Please visit the Knowledge Base for more information about internal transfers and change of program.
Eligible for internal transfer
You will be able to use this form if you:
- Are an international student; and
- Are currently enrolled and must have commenced your academic program at the University of Adelaide; and
- Will be finishing the Semester 1, 2019 or Trimester 1 or 2, 2019; and
- Are applying to transfer programs in Semester 2, 2019 or Trimester 3, 2019; and
- Will commence the new program in Semester 2, 2019 or Trimester 3, 2019.
Note: All of the above conditions must be met, to be eligible to apply as an internal transfer student.
Students who wish to take a gap in studies must not apply for internal transfer at this stage. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
And you would like to:
1) Change into a different program
- undergraduate program to another undergraduate program,
- postgraduate program to another postgraduate program
2) Commence a new program
If you are completing your undergraduate degree at the end of Semester 1, 2019, or Trimester 2, 2019, and wish to commence into a postgraduate program in Semester 2, 2019 or Trimester 3, 2019 only. Applications for future intakes must be lodged through SATAC.
Not eligible for internal transfer
Students who have not commenced academic studies as of Semester 1, 2019
To apply for a change of programs, please lodge your application via SATAC or contact us at email@example.com for advice.
Undergraduate students who wish to apply for their Postgraduate programs:
- You must be in your last semester/trimester of studies in your current program in Semester 1, 2019 or Trimester 1 or 2, 2019 to be eligible to apply for internal transfer into Semester 2, 2019 or Trimester 3, 2019.
- If you are not yet completing your current undergraduate program within this intake, please do not apply for internal transfer now.
Students who are currently unenrolled, or have taken a leave of absence, or have a gap in studies
To apply for a change of programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
Quota based Programs
To apply for transfer into any of the following degrees, a Knowledge Base for more information about internal transfers and additional entry requirements for these degrees. will be required. Please visit the
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diplomas and Masters of Nursing Science (generic and specialisations)
- Master of Clinical Nursing
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Master of Psychology (Health)
- Master of Teaching (Middle and Secondary)
PEP Change of Program
If you are currently enrolled in (or completing) a PEP, please use the PEP Change of Program form. For further information please contact the English Language Centre. Students who wish to change their Award Program must contact the English Language Centre (ELC) or email email@example.com within the deadline provided by the ELC.
Postgraduate Research Degrees
For postgraduate research degree applications, please contact the Adelaide Graduate Centre. This includes:
- Commencing a postgraduate research degree on completion of another University of Adelaide program – see Adelaide Graduate Centre – Future Students for more information
- Candidature transfer between Research Masters and PhD
Adelaide Refugee & Humanitarian Scholarship Recipients
Recipients of this scholarship must contact Sandra Gault ( and provide their supporting documents to apply for internal transfer. Please note that you will also need to seek approval for transfer of your scholarship into a new program.
Australia Awards Scholarship Recipients
Recipients of this scholarship must contact Niranjala Seimon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student currently enrolled in pathway programs must contact their provider directly to request a change of program, either for their pathway studies or their bachelor degree award program.
- University of Adelaide College: Foundation Studies ; Degree Transfer Program .
- Eynesbury College
Bachelor of Commerce Change of Major
For Bachelor of Commerce students who want to change stream/major – Contact the Professions Support Hub.
After you have lodged your application
If you have lodged an internal transfer application for Semester 2, 2019 or Trimester 3, 2019, and have now changed your mind, please email International Admissions at email@example.com, and advise that you wish to withdraw your application.