Internal Transfer (Change of Program)

If you are a current international student who wishes to change to a different undergraduate or postgraduate degree program, or wants to apply for entry to a postgraduate degree directly after completing your undergraduate degree, then you will need to submit an internal transfer application.

Applications are now open for Semester 1, 2019 and Trimester 1, 2019 intakes. Please read the ‘Important Information’ for further details.

Important Information

  • Applications close at 5:00 pm (Adelaide time) on 15th February 2019. Late applications may not be accepted
  • Please lodge one application only. If you have already lodged an application, avoid submitting another application as this can cause delays in assessment and processing of the application.
  • Program advice from the faculty is recommended before submitting an application.
  • Trimester 2, 2019 intake is not available for internal transfer
  • Offers will be issued on a rolling basis. If your offer is conditional on results from Semester 2, 2018, Trimester 3, 2018 or Summer School 2018, the acceptance and CoE will be processed once you have notified that the final results are available.
  • Sponsored students may need to request permission of their sponsor

Please visit the Knowledge Base for more information about internal transfers and change of program.

Eligible for internal transfer

You will be able to use this form if you:

  • are an international studentand are currently enrolled in an academic program at the University of Adelaide

And you would like to:

1)  Change into a different program

  • undergraduate program to another undergraduate program,
  • postgraduate program to another postgraduate program

2)  Commence a new program - if you are completing your undergraduate degree and wish to commence into a postgraduate program

Not eligible for internal transfer

Quota based Programs

To apply for transfer into any of the following degrees, a new application will be required. Please visit the Knowledge Base for more information about internal transfers and additional entry requirements for these degrees.

  • Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
  • Bachelor of Dental Surgery
  • Bachelor of Oral Health
  • Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience)
  • Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
  • Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy
  • Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diplomas and Masters of Nursing Science (generic and specialisations)
  • Master of Clinical Nursing
  • Master of Psychology (Clinical)
  • Master of Psychology (Health)
  • Master of Teaching (Middle and Secondary)

PEP Change of Program

If you are currently enrolled in (or completing) a PEP, please use the PEP Change of Program form. For further information please contact the English Language Centre. Students who wish to change their Award Program must contact the English Language Centre (ELC) or email by 5pm on Friday 14 December 2018.

Postgraduate Research Degrees

For postgraduate research degree applications, please contact the Adelaide Graduate Centre. This includes:

  • Commencing a postgraduate research degree on completion of another University of Adelaide program – see Adelaide Graduate Centre – Future Students for more information
  • Candidature transfer between Research Masters and PhD

Adelaide Refugee & Humanitarian Scholarship Recipients

Recipients of this scholarship must contact Sandra Gault ( and provide their supporting documents to apply for internal transfer. Please note that you will also need to seek approval for transfer of your scholarship into a new program.

Pathway Students

Student currently enrolled in pathway programs must contact their provider directly to request a change of program, either for their pathway studies or their bachelor degree award program.

Bachelor of Commerce Change of Major

For Bachelor of Commerce students who want to change stream/major – Contact the Professions Support Hub

Please note that applications will close at 5:00 pm Adelaide time on 15 December 2018.

Lodge an application now